Data Scientist, Drew Conway calls them “10 reasons to always start your analysis in R”. They’re all very useful R packages that every data scientist/analytics should be aware of.
Note: You can find links to all of these packages and tips on how to use them at link below.
- sqldf (for selecting from data frames using SQL)
- forecast (for easy forecasting of time series)
- plyr (data aggregation)
- stringr (string manipulation)
- Database connection packages: RPostgreSQL, RMYSQL, RMongo,RODBC, RSQLite
- lubridate (time and date manipulation)
- ggplot2 (data visulization)
- qcc (statistical quality control and QC charts)
- reshape2 (data restructuring)
- randomForest (random forest predictive models)
yhat blog: 10 R packages I wish I knew about earlier